PAM (from D-Bus/HAL discussion)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 14:40:49 PDT 2006

On 4/7/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 22:20 +0100, Andrew Benton wrote:
>
> >       FS monitor backends:         inotify fam
>
> I didn't know inotify worked with the current LFS setup. My
> installations don't show an inotify enabled FAM. What do you do
> differently?

Probably having newer kernel headers.  From gnome-vfs configure, it
checks for linux/inotify.h or sys/inotify.h (from glibc-2.3.90+) to
enable inotify.  This is what I got with l-l-h-2.6.12.0 and
glibc-2.3.6:

    FS monitor backends:         fam

In that case, I'm guessing fam (gamin) is providing the notification.

--
Dan