PAM (from D-Bus/HAL discussion)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 10:38:47 PDT 2006

On 4/5/06, Bruce Dubbs <bdubbs at swbell.net> wrote:

> As far a PAM goes, we could point to
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/modules.html for external PAM
> modules.
>
> pam_console is from Red Hat.  If we need it, I think we would have to
> extract it from the source RPM as I can't find a separate tar file.  I
> suspect it is probably a single .c file with some accompanying .h files.

Bruce,

You do in fact need to extract it from an SRPM.  It contains all the
pam-redhat-0.99.3-1.tar.bz2 among other things.  This is just a
directory of modules that are supposed to be unpacked in the Linux-PAM
source directory.  I've put it here for the time being:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/downloads/pam-redhat-0.99.3-1.tar.bz2

Also, you should look at what RedHat actually does with this stuff:

http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/pam/pam.spec?view=markup

To see how Jürg is handling this, see his files/spec/etc:

http://www.paldo.org/index.php?section=packages&page=main&releaseid=27599

--
Dan