problem starting gnome 2.12.2

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 10:05:10 PDT 2006

Replying on -dev.

On 4/7/06, Ag Hatzim <zkom.xl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Randy McMurchy(randy at linuxfromscratch.org)@Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 11:09:14AM -0500:
> > So, that said,  how many modules are you speaking of Ag?
> >
> Lets see,and if we go with the right order and without to count the
> Mesa/libdrm must be 10,the following.
> proto
> util
> lib
> xbitmaps
> app
> data
> font
> luit
> xorg-server
> drivers

This seems like a decent idea, but some real thought needs to be put
into the order.  For instance, the placement of luit is important.

> I also want to object to pull out the Xorg-7 from the book.
> Is exactly the same code with 6.9.0.

Xorg-7 wouldn't be pulled from the SVN book.  Randy is referring to an
as-yet-undecided interim release before LFS goes to udev_update/UTF-8
as stable.  In that case, I don't mind if Xorg-7 is dropped from
there.

> What we can do,is to publish an official list with the right
> versions and stick with them,thus will make the support more easily.

Well, there is an official list of tarballs here:
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/X11R7.0/src/everything/

This doesn't include the security fix xorg-server-1.0.2, though.

IMO, it would still be easier for BLFS to point at
http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/ for updating
purposes, though.

--
Dan