BLFS-new release? [Was Re: problem starting gnome 2.12.2]

Ag Hatzim zkom.xl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 10:02:20 PDT 2006

Randy McMurchy(randy at linuxfromscratch.org)@Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 11:40:46AM -0500:
> On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 19:33 +0300, Ag Hatzim wrote:
>

> Pulling out 7.0 would only be for the special case of doing a release
> here shortly. Everyone agrees (or, rephrasing, there have been many
> reports) that the 7.0 build instructions are confusing and need to
> be broken up. If we were to release something soon, I think it would
> call for a freeze immediately. It's my opinion that the current
> instructions for 7.0 are net yet mature enough to release.

Speaking about a new Blfs release (i know it's not relative to this
thread,sorry ccing to blfs-dev),nobody answered to Archaic comments [1]
,so i bump them again with emphasis to the following two.

1) What base system is being targetted?
a) If 6.1.1, then what about the gcc4-specific stuff?

I know the Blfs folks are not really responsible but the questions still
remain.

> The amount of recent support questions backs up my assertion.

If the Blfs team will shortly release a new version,then by all that
means,pull it out for a while,because i agree that the (instructions)
are not mature enough for a release.
I just simple wanted it there just for testing purposes.

1. http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2006-April/014351.html