Would you call this clashing?

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 7 03:54:13 PDT 2006

Noted on the Pilot-Link web site (included here just for a bit of
twisted humor)

> Since the Fedora Linux distribution (always problems with Fedora,
> sigh) has decided to ignore the FAT GLARING WARNING about NOT
> packaging up pilot-link 0.12.x in their releases, I’ve taken anonymous
> CVS down indefinitely, and hourly snapshots will also be removed.
>
> Those who wish to use the code, will have to wait until official
> releases are made.
>
> Sorry, but this has happened way too often with Fedora (and previously
> with the Red Hat packagers) to ignore time and time again. Their
> ignorance has increased our maintenance headaches, and I’m frankly
> tired of dealing with the support issues.

You would think that if the Red-Hat guys were asked to not use a
particular version of code by the maintainer, they would respect that
request.

--
Randy

rmlinux: [bogomips 3993.32] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.2]
05:50:09 up 17 days, 12:24, 4 users, load average: 0.20, 0.16, 0.07