BLFS-6.1.1

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 6 19:33:49 PDT 2006

I think we should release a version of BLFS as it is right now, it seems
stable (I hate the Gtk+ GSlice issue), but it has been 8 months and we
are thinking about updates to GNOME, KDE, D-Bus, HAL, etc, etc.

We could probably sneak an update in now, then have some time to
prepare for the next update that will require us to adapt to the new
Udev, hotplug, alpha, UTF-8 changes. These upcoming changes are major
and will require a complete check-out of BLFS packages.

A release would really go a long way to tiding us over until we can
prepare for what probably is soon-to-be LFS-6.2.

--
Randy

rmlinux: [bogomips 3993.32] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.2]
21:28:41 up 17 days, 4:03, 4 users, load average: 0.76, 0.82, 0.49