Xpdf and TTF fonts

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 11:49:45 PDT 2006

On 4/6/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed when I updated the Patch Level of the Xpdf package that there
> is a line in the configuration that points to the old location of the
> fonts. As I'm not up to speed at all on these recent font changes, could
> another Editor take a look at Xpdf instructions and fix the path in the
> font reference?

Unfortunately, now that there are multiple versions of X in the book,
the fonts could change locations.  However, they are consistently in
$X_PREFIX/lib/X11/fonts if people have followed the book.  The best I
can think to do is a note to change /usr/X11R6 to the prefix where you
installed X.

Scratch that.  I forgot about the commands I added in all the X pages
to symlink /usr/share/X11/fonts/X11-TTF ->
$X_PREFIX/lib/X11/fonts/TTF.  So, you could change the configuration

fontDir  /usr/share/fonts/X11-TTF

And now I see a typo on the Xorg-7 page.  Damn!

--
Dan