popt and patch policy

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 11:32:34 PDT 2006

On 4/5/06, Tushar Teredesai <sukucorp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Been there:)
> http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-dev/2006-January/013009.html

I thought I remembered this coming up before. :)  Thanks for the
reminder, Tushar.  In fact, it was this mail where I got the URL for
popt originally.  Of course, I forgot about that and just remembered
some blurry RPM connection.

Anyway, in reference to this post about popt and packages that use it:

http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-dev/2006-January/013057.html

I've built about half of those in the past week with popt-1.10.4 with
no issues.  Also, I diffed popt-1.7 vs popt-1.10.4.  Not much has
changed in the actual popt source.  Most changes have been in the
autotools files and the translations.

--
Dan