mailx nitpick

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 5 11:08:02 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 11:59 -0600, Archaic wrote:
> If symlinking mailx to mail and nail (I don't understand the nail
> symlink

I put the nail link in because it has been the default command for
years (for the Linux Open Source folks, that is). Though I've been
using mailx in scripts before I even heard of nail, there may be
folks that have nail embedded in scripts. The link is a courtesy
for those folks as they may not know to create it.

Though an explanation of what I just said above in the mailx config
section would suffice, I suppose.

> as nail is not the historical POSIX command used in scripts),
> then there should also be a symlink from mailx.1 to mail.1 and nail.1
> (if the nail link is kept in the book, that is).

Good catch on the man links. I will add them. I can go either way
on the nail symlink. We'll see if anybody else comments.

--
Randy

rmlinux: [bogomips 3993.32] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.2]
13:03:19 up 15 days, 19:38, 4 users, load average: 0.40, 0.08, 0.03