popt and patch policy

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Apr 5 09:28:21 PDT 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 10:11:51AM -0600, Tushar Teredesai wrote:

> Been there:)
> http://archives.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/blfs-dev/2006-January/013009.html

Bruce, looking at that thread and this current one, I simply cannot find
a valid reason for keeping the debian patch around and I certainly can't
find reason we should be using debian's versioning scheme. This is all
assuming we stay at 1.7. I do not (and likely will not) have sufficient
evidence to say that 1.10.x is compatible, but for 1.7, a sed or tiny
patch to popt.c is sufficient. That and stripping the hideous -5 from
the version number.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch