slrn S-Lang2 fixes - patch or development snapshot?

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed Apr 5 01:28:41 PDT 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 4/5/06, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
>> Dan Nicholson пишет:
>>> That's good to hear.  As far as I can tell, it does work.
>> Does this include the following?
>>
>> 1) the ability to view Russian translation of "wrote" at the top of this message
>> 2) the ability to delete this word
>> 3) the ability to accept non-ASCII input (by copying-and-pasting), including the
>> subgect line
>> 4) correct wrapping of mostly-non-ASCII lines
>> 5) no premature truncation of messages generated by the application itself
>> 6) no breakage in the old 8-bit locales, i.e. items 1-5 should work in
>> ru_RU.KOI8-R too
>
> OK, I didn't really test this.  I'll keep playing with it to try out
> these test cases.  Thanks for the info, Alexander.  It's still hard
> for me to think about locales, conversion, etc.  I'll try my best to
> make sure these things work.  I take it these all work in Tin?

Yes. Items 1-3 work because Tin calls Vim for all the dirty work of text editing
(including the subject).

There is one non-important imperfect case, though. In the ru_RU.UTF-8 locale,
open the "gmane.linux.lfs.beyond.support" newsgroup, find the "Ценообразование.
Практические методы" ("practical methods of setting prices") SPAM message. Move
the cursor to it. The whole line should become blue, but only a part of it is
actually blue. May well be a bug in ncurses.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov