Wireless Tools

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Tue Apr 4 22:11:55 PDT 2006

I've added wireless tools to the book.  Before anyone asks, I did use
the beta version on purpose.  I did this because I wanted to get it in
the book and the author told me the next version will be released in the
next week or two.  The only change to the package that he knows about is
the gcc4 compiling issue (inline fails) that I pointed out to him.  We
cover that problem right now with a sed.

I've also set up the initial wiki page for wireless, but it is very
skimpy right now.  Its basically just a preliminary outline.  However, I
will say that I got my cards working.  I was able to successfully use
WEP and WPA link encryption.  I'll be adding that info to the wiki in
the next couple of days.