slrn S-Lang2 fixes - patch or development snapshot?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 16:58:30 PDT 2006

I finally got around to backporting the diffs from slrn CVS to enable
S-Lang2 support.  It now builds against S-Lang2.  I haven't had a
chance to test yet.  It is a very large patch, 74 kB.  You can view it
here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/slrn-0.9.8.1-slang2-1.patch

Assuming the patch works as advertised, how should the change be
implemented?  If the patch is deemed too large, we can always use the
development snapshot:

http://www.slrn.org/patches/slrn-0.9.8.1pl1.tar.gz

RedHat is using this version (if that means anything to you).  I
haven't tested it yet, but I assume it's similar to the CVS snapshot
Richard built a while back that he said worked.

Opinions requested.

--
Dan