Xorg 7 - various comments

Ag Hatzim zkom.xl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 12:16:17 PDT 2006

Chris Staub(chris at beaker67.com)@Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 11:02:37PM -0400:
I would like also to add 2-3 small things.

First two typos.
1. patch -Np1 -i luit_1.0.1-race-1.patch
                     ~
2.And in Mesalib page.
ln -s -v [/usr/X11]/include/GL /usr/include
         ~

Also,and i don't know if this happened to any of you,but i found many
reports in the google plus is also mentioned in the xorg's developer
guide,the xorg server doesn't installed as SUID root ( i was using
sudo).
Maybe we have to add a note about this or maybe better the link to
to xorg wiki page,which anyway contains a lot of usefull/additional
information.
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ModularDevelopersGuide

> 4. I don't like the xorg-server instructions that assume a specific
> place for the Mesa source. I would prefer doing what used to be done
> with tcl in LFS - "export MESADIR=`pwd`" from the Mesa source dir, then
> have the xorg-server instructions refer to --with-mesa-source=${MESADIR}.

Funny,I installed xorg modular yesterday,and i had the same thought with you Crish.
I think it is much less confusing an absolute path,or a variable,like you said.

P.S.
Oh,and the sed to the lnx_agp.c it was still required in the build of the
xorg-server (at least for me).