Subversion/BDB Update 2

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 07:18:40 PDT 2006

On 4/4/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 06:05 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
>
> > Looks good to me.  There are links to the subversion book on the
> > "Running a Subversion Server" book, but maybe the repository data
> > comparison link should be here, too.
> >
> > http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch05.html#svn-ch-5-sect-1.3
>
> Funny you mention this. I thought about doing exactly this but decided
> against it as being redundant.

<snip>

> I hope this makes some sense.

Yeah, I went through the same thought process.  Go with what you think
is right.  My thought is that I don't mind redundancy at all, so long
as it's consistent.  I also was thinking about people seeing the
subversion page for the first time and being baffled by the BDB vs.
File System (not the best name) note.  It's probably fine, though,
since anyone wanting to create a repo should have figured this out.

--
Dan