Subversion/BDB Update 2

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 4 06:17:38 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 06:05 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:

> Looks good to me.  There are links to the subversion book on the
> "Running a Subversion Server" book, but maybe the repository data
> comparison link should be here, too.
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch05.html#svn-ch-5-sect-1.3

Funny you mention this. I thought about doing exactly this but decided
against it as being redundant. I figured that if folks are going to
create a repository, they would see the link there. I was very
borderline putting the caution on the "creating a repo" page as well,
but decided to put it where the package is *built*, as this will be
when the badness comes out of the test suite.

I actually can go either way, but I lean to leaving it the way it
is as it just seems out of place to provide a link to compare the
types of repos you can create, on a page where you don't create any.

More than anything in the caution, comparing the two types of repo
back-ends, is not so much that it is recommended (where providing the
link you mention would be a good thing), but instead I wanted to show
that there is an *alternative* to the broken DB stuff.

I hope this makes some sense.

--
Randy

rmlinux: [bogomips 3993.32] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.2]
08:08:53 up 14 days, 14:43, 5 users, load average: 0.06, 0.06, 0.09