Book Rendering

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 3 18:27:36 PDT 2006

Hi all,

Is there any real reason why the Makefiles in the BLFS and LFS dev
book need to reference image directories that are different? In my
opinion, both books are wrong how they do it.

BLFS points to an image directory in its own source tree. Never
updated, or at least it would require manual updating.

LFS points to the a "current" directory on the local system instead
of the image directory of the currently used Stylesheets.

Could we standardize on using something or the other?

I recommend using the image directory of the currently referenced
XSL stylesheet installation for all the books.

It sure would make it easier for folks that use a custom script to
render all of the books.

--
Randy

rmlinux: [bogomips 3993.32] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.2]
20:16:27 up 14 days, 2:51, 5 users, load average: 1.12, 1.00, 0.87