Subverson-1.3.0 / BDB [Update]

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 3 08:52:56 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 00:18 -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Are there any changes to the build instructions between BDB 4.3.x and
> 4.4.x?

I believe the 4.3 instructions used a couple of flags being passed
to fix and issue with building the shared libraries, and 4.4 does
not need them. I don't really remember though.

>   If not, we can possibly put in a note that the user regress to
> 4.3.x if they *really* want subversion and BDB.

It is unreasonable for us to expect a user to determine before-hand
if he needs BDB capability. SVN is used to fetch sources from
anywhere, and you don't necessarily know what type of setup
is at some remote locations. I don't know, but it may be that with
the bum DB issue, there may be problems fetching sources that are
stored in a BDB SVN back-end.

> I don't know if that breaks other packages though.

Exactly. How do we know that changing the versions of DB,
especially going backward, won't break things like already
existing man db's created by Man_DB, or other packages that
use (or already have created) a BDB back end.

> Do we have any clues about when svn 1.3.1 will be released?

No, I don't.

--
Randy

rmlinux: [bogomips 3993.32] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.2]
10:45:33 up 13 days, 17:20, 5 users, load average: 0.05, 0.01, 0.00