Html Tidy

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 06:20:46 PDT 2006

On 4/3/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> I'm wondering if, until this 'breakage' is fixed and tarballs are again
> being released, if we shouldn't every once in a while fetch a copy of
> CVS and create our own tarball. I would volunteer to do it, and test
> Tidy before releasing the tarball for our BLFS Book use.

That seems like a lot of hassle.  Where would this tarball be hosted?
Who would decide that the CVS was stable at a given point?  Besides,
how is this different than any other package where we're trying not to
use development versions?

The tarball from October is stable and works.  If the Tidy people
continue to use this odd system and get it fixed to produce the
tarballs again, then we should use those.  I don't think it's up to us
to decide when another Tidy tarball should be released.

--
Dan