Html Tidy

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 3 06:12:44 PDT 2006

Hi all,

In a message dated January 20th, posted at http://tidy.sf.net/ it says
"the automated build is currently broken. The latest source can be
obtained using CVS."

There has not been a release of Tidy since the end of October of last
year. This is more than 5 months ago. Before this "breakage", Tidy was
one of the most active, fast-moving package sources in all of
open-source software.

Though it appears that development has slowed somewhat, there have been
commits to the repo (issue fixes) within the last 9 days.

I'm wondering if, until this 'breakage' is fixed and tarballs are again
being released, if we shouldn't every once in a while fetch a copy of
CVS and create our own tarball. I would volunteer to do it, and test
Tidy before releasing the tarball for our BLFS Book use.

Thoughts and comments are welcome.

--
Randy

rmlinux: [bogomips 3993.32] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.2]
08:01:54 up 13 days, 14:36, 5 users, load average: 0.26, 0.07, 0.02