Wireless update (long)

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sun Apr 2 22:25:27 PDT 2006

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> A month from now we'll see this in BLFS-Support.
>
> <hypothetical>
> I'm trying to get my foomagic wireless card working IAW the BLFS book,
> but I can't seem to get it. I tried everything in the book, and I've
> followed it precisely, but still no luck. There is nothing on the
> foomagic web site to help me get it running with Linux and I've googled
> but nothing really of any value came up.
>
> What do I need to do to get my foomagic card working?
>
> P.S. It works great in Windows.
> </hypothetical>

Here I just have to disagree.

Until we added one working CUPS driver (gimp-print) as an example to the book,
we had a lot of "CUPS doesn't work" mail on BLFS-support. So the key point is to
show the big picture to the user, and indicate that he needs a driver, possibly
from beyond BLFS.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov