Links will hard crash the on exit if ran in graphics mode

Alex Merry alexander.merry at ccc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Apr 2 09:46:48 PDT 2006

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 09:19:20AM -0700, Dan Winkler wrote:
> runing links with the -G option appears to be fine until you exit out then
> the system locks up thus forceing a hard reboot.

It's certainly not universally true. I built links according to the book
(no SVGA support, but X11 and Framebuffer). I use it every day in either
framebuffer mode or X11 mode, and I've never had a similar problem. This
is with a variety of different kernels, since I keep up with the latest
one.

Oh, also, I use a framebuffer console (I've used both VESA and
hardware-specific drivers).

Last time I compiled it with SVGA support, I had problems with
occasionally mangling the keyboard (it uses raw mode, I believe), which
made the terminal unusable (but still allowed SSH, for instance).

Alex :-)

--
Pippin
Computer Monkey to the Pelican