Wireless update (long)

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 2 06:26:56 PDT 2006

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 06:46:25PM -0000, lfs at lfs-matrix.net wrote:

> IMO, madwiki is a major player in the drivers for wireless cards.  The
> driver works (according to the link below) for many cards from over 50
> manufacturers:

Major player or not, it is still a driver that is dependant on the
person's hardware and if it is mentioned, why not all the others? 50
manufacturers or not, isn't still just the Atheros chipset? I'm sure the
prism chipset is still more prevalent. So by your logic, all those
drivers should be added. A d-link is rather popular nowadays and those
could use who-knows-what for a chipset (mine is Texas Instruments). IOW,
where would it stop? That is why I think driver setup should be a
function of the wiki solely and not the book.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch