BLFS-svn xorg.conf file location

Guy Dalziel krendoshazin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 23:27:45 PST 2006

On 02/04/06, Dan Winkler <cryptoniks at hotmail.com> wrote:
> E.G mv `/xorg.conf.new /etx/X11/xorg.conf
>
> problem is following the X 7 build instructions it appears there is no
> /etc/X11 directory.

At that point I don't believe the /etc/X11 directory exists, and needs
to be created in order to move the xorg.conf file to it, the following
command will create the directory and move the file to it in one go,
perhaps this would be a better substitute in place of the mv
instructions.
After you've created the configuration file, ( cd ~ && Xorg -configure
), and then tested it to make sure it works, ( Xorg -config
~/xorg.conf.new ), use this command

install -v -m755 -D xorg.conf.new /etc/X11/xorg.conf