Xorg7.0 (Xorg.conf confusion)

Dan Winkler cryptoniks at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 1 19:59:12 PST 2006

Folling the instrctions set forth in the current BLFS svn in the Xorg7.0
section:

the install went wonderfully all seems to be working properly out the gate
(including my DRM eg no errors
I run the test X -config ~/xorg.conf.new

and get my test screen with no hard crashes and mouse is moving just fine.

ctrl+alt+bckspace out and see it started up just fine.

thus I proceed to move the xorg.conf.new file to it's final home...problem

/etc/X11 doesn't exsist!! all the apps are being seen (eg x then a tab lists
a large number of X related commands

im thinking this is a typo and as such where do we actually but our working
conf file?

or do we just mkdir /etc/X11 and place the file there?

Im tired and really really confused and have also CC'd this to BLFS-Dev

any help is much appreciated thank you
Danny