Wireless update (long)

lfs at lfs-matrix.net lfs at lfs-matrix.net
Sat Apr 1 10:46:25 PST 2006

On Sat, April 1, 2006 8:31 am, Archaic wrote:
> madwifi is only needed by you. That and many of the drivers you listed in
> the kernel config are user-specific. I don't see how the book is going to
> do this. Heavy use of the wiki will certainly be required, but there are
> so many "ifs" in the equation based on the chipset of the card and the bus
> required.

IMO, madwiki is a major player in the drivers for wireless cards.  The
driver works (according to the link below) for many cards from over 50
manufacturers:

http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility

So if this package happened to be mentioned, I don't see anything wrong
with that.

Indeed, wireless is really going to be a pain to setup in the book.  I am
not sure how one would go about doing it either right now.

Justin