OOo2 Build Instructions Gimped

Jeremy Byron rjjbyron at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 29 21:33:41 PST 2005

DJ Lucas wrote:
> Jeremy Byron wrote:
>
>> Affected files:
>> solenv/inc/unxlngi{4,5,6}.mk
>> solenv/inc/unxfbsdi.mk
>

> Yes.  If you are building this on a 486 or 586 you are just plain nuts,
> :-) but I suppose a uname hack or an i4/i5 opt could have been passed to
> force the use of those files.  Free BSD on the other hand, is totally
> unsupported by BLFS, though they are more than welcome to take away
> patches, ideas and the like....i took a patch from Free/Net BSD builds
> for JavaWS IIRC.  I'd have to take a look back at the first set of BLFS
> patches for JDK-1.5.0 for the attributions.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of the use of the files, just the existence of the
same sort of issue.  People could also conceivably cross-compile for a
486/586 machine from a faster one; how fast it would run on such a
machine isn't really an issue.  As for FreeBSD.. I plead ignorance
again; of course you don't need to support that (though, if you do end
up making a patch for the files I think you should support, another file
wouldn't hurt matters for the sake of consistency).

Regards,
Jeremy.