Typo in Chapter 'GDM 2.6.0.9'

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 28 13:03:18 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 08:57:27AM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> We can put out an errata page on the web site or, if there are enough
> significicant errors, relase a blfs 6.1.1.

It would take someone a *lot* of time to peruse every errata that has
come up since 6.1 was released. Basically, every package that has had a
security update would either have to be updated or a patch created. All
typo's would have to be sought out and changed as well (or added to an
errata page).

I vote for an errate page... starting *after* the next release. As for a
6.1.1, I build everything in svn with a 6.1.1 toolchain and have
experienced no problems. Granted, I build a very small portion of blfs,
and an even smaller portion of that is built sctrictly by the book.

This would be a good reason for using jhalfs if it is incorporated. One
could crank out a 6.1.1 lfs and a matching blfs without needing a lot of
keyboard time to do so. Then build log review would be all that was left
(or for the paranoid, a rebuild using the new OS as host).

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/hlfs