Automating BLFS

silverspurg at comcast.net silverspurg at comcast.net
Mon Nov 28 04:46:59 PST 2005

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> BLFS is a whole different animal. There are simply too many intangibles

The only way I've been able to do this is to treat BLFS as a sequence the
same as LFS.  This confines my installer to once-and-done methodology.
That's okay.  It's an LFS installer and not a package manager.

Automated extraction of commands from the book is also another intangible
in BLFS.  I resigned myself to maintenance of human translated commands.

Steven