Net-Tools Issue

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 25 12:39:05 PST 2005

Jeremy Huntwork wrote these words on 11/25/05 14:31 CST:

> Yes I understood that part from the original message. What I was
> confused about was what you meant by creating a patch to go 'on top' of
> the current coreutils patch. Did you mean that it would be editing that
> current patch to always drop hostname or that it would be something
> specific to BLFS that would just add to that patch at that point?

It will be a patch, exclusive for BLFS, that would be applied to
Coreutils after the two existing patches are applied. And all this
patch will do is *additionally* suppress the installation of the
hostname program.

It seems more trouble than it's worth, but the patch was trivial
to make, and now the book doesn't need to be changed (other than
the coreutils version needs to be updated in the text).

--
Randy

14:35:00 up 61 days, 23:59, 3 users, load average: 0.00, 0.10, 0.40