Some errors in building

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 22 21:11:05 PST 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> [CC'd to BLFS-Dev as the ash issue is still outstanding and
> should probably be BZ'd if there is no quick fix]

I haven't looked at gcc4 + ash _yet_, (looks simple enough to
fix...should I put my foot in my mouth now?) but we should definitely
put a big warning before the /bin/sh symlink (or just take it out all
together).  Hotplug scripts are written incorrectly to call /bin/sh when
they require features in bash or zsh, and the released 3.2.1 bootscripts
are broken with ash.  The bootscripts in SVN are okay and should be
tested ready soon, but the hotplug scripts are beyond practical repair.
  It's too much work to bother fixing them seeing as they will probably
be going bye bye in the near future anyway.

-- DJ Lucas