FYI - Broken rsync bootscript

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 21 12:21:19 PST 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> I'm not sure what "Hint, hint" is supposed to mean

Just wanted to remind you guys. Nothing else was meant by it.

, but the Rsync
> package was just updated the other day by Igor. I'm sure he tested
> everything (at least I hope he did) before he updated the package
> version. He didn't mention any need to change the bootscript.
>
> However, I have seen you mention about this, so perhaps Igor
> overlooked (didn't test?) the issue.

Yes, I saw Igor updated it, and I just tested the new package. When I
run 'rsync --daemon --compress', I still get the following:

rsync: --compress: unknown option (in daemon mode)
(Type "rsync --daemon --help" for assistance with daemon mode.)
rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at options.c(732)

--
JH