OpenOffice Nitpicks, & Problems

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Nov 19 15:32:26 PST 2005

Nathan Coulson wrote:

>>>Nathan, I trust this should have went to BLFS-Dev. :-)  CC'd it.
>>>
>>>I had meant to change that in the interim, slipped my mind.  There is a
>>>patch for this, but I've not tested it, so it's not in the book yet.
>>>Check out http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~dfc04/OOo_2.0.0/ .  This is David's
>>>page (who worked on the firefox changes, which works well but with no TB
>>>address book data source, which I'll be shooting at shortly).  Please
>>>let me know how it works out.
>>>
>>>I don't know what happened with cups...must have accidently deleted it
>>>cause it's in the text copy I was using to rewrite the page.  Will get
>>>it put back shortly.
>>>
>>>Thanks for the feedback.
>>>
>>>-- DJ Lucas
>>>--
>

> Also, I see firefox mentioned as an option [instead of system built
> mozilla], but I am getting compiletime errors.
>
> I used the --with-system-mozilla, and the --with-firefox options, but
> it cannot find any crypto libraries [It looks for openssl >=0.9.6 (It
> says no, but I have installed openssl), gnutls, mozilla-nspr (finds
> executable, cannot find libraries), or nss libraries (it cannot find
> libraries).
>
> This happens trying to build libxmlsec. (tryihng to create
> unxlngi6.pro/misc/build/so_configured)so_xmlsec1).

XMLSec requires a patch to use firefox...also pending enterance into the
book as I'm trying to get it to work with TB address book too.  The
build works great, just that you can't use Thunderbird address book as a
data source.  Grab the xmlsec_no_mozilla-1.patch. rm -rf
xmlsec/unxlngi6.pro and apply the patch and restart the build.  All
should be well.

-- DJ Lucas