Issues with PAM

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 18 18:53:53 PST 2005

Harri K Tikkala wrote:
> Hello guys... Just finished building devel book. I have some issues with
> PAM, or  I think it is with PAM. When starting to build OpenOffice2 i get
> an error.. Unknown colorls variable `su.... then again it came when tried
> to compile Xv...
>
> And one proposition to the book is that add /etc/pam.d/chsh to the
> shadow-4.0.XX part of the book... You can't change shell when using PAM if
> /etc/pam.d/chsh doesn't exist...

Will try to help where I can, but I have not seen either of these
issues....and I've built OOo2 over 20....maybe 25 times now, but all on
the same devel system.  Still going...Trying to figure out how to use
firefox/thunderbird libs and still get the TB address book (if
Thunderbird is installed).

Would you mind posting both errors exactly as they are on the screen
with some context?

Just for comparison:

[dj at name1 BOOK]# ls /etc/pam.d/
chage     gdm            groupdel  newusers  samba    userdel  xscreensaver
chpasswd  gdm-autologin  groupmod  other     su       usermod
cups      groupadd       login     passwd    useradd  xdm
[dj at name1 BOOK]# ls /lib/libpam.so.0.*
/lib/libpam.so.0.80
[dj at name1 BOOK]# ls /usr/src/sources/shadow-4.0.12.tar.bz2

Thanks.

-- DJ Lucas