OpenOffice Nitpicks, & Problems

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 18 19:05:46 PST 2005

Nathan Coulson wrote:
> I was playing around with openoffice, and I noticed the following.
>

> Cups is not mentioned as a optional dependency [which I disabled with
> --disable-cups].
>
> It also mentions pam as an optional dependency, but I see no clear way
> to disable it.  [which is where I am currently stuck].  (There is the
> 1.1.5 patch, which only fails on 1 hunk, but it does not touch the
> configuration file).

Nathan, I trust this should have went to BLFS-Dev. :-)  CC'd it.

I had meant to change that in the interim, slipped my mind.  There is a
patch for this, but I've not tested it, so it's not in the book yet.
Check out http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~dfc04/OOo_2.0.0/ .  This is David's
page (who worked on the firefox changes, which works well but with no TB
address book data source, which I'll be shooting at shortly).  Please
let me know how it works out.

I don't know what happened with cups...must have accidently deleted it
cause it's in the text copy I was using to rewrite the page.  Will get
it put back shortly.

Thanks for the feedback.

-- DJ Lucas