BLFS Bugzilla #1690

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 17 08:23:32 PST 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> I ripped a file using Sound-Juicer, which my understanding is that
> it uses libvorbis to encode the data and make a .ogg file. This

You're probably correct about it using libvorbis, but perhaps you should
test with oggenc from vorbis tools?

If you want, a while ago I wrote a small shell script which automates
the ripping of CD (you can do the whole CD or individual tracks) into
wav format and then encodes them into .ogg. You need cdparanoia and
vorbis-tools to use it.

http://linuxfromscratch.org/~jhuntwork/rip

I'd test it myself for you, but I don't think I have any of those
installed right now.

--
JH