Patches md5sums

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 4 11:39:16 PST 2005

El Viernes, 4 de Noviembre de 2005 01:16, Bruce Dubbs escribió:

> In any case, we can migrate our process to the way LFS is doing it.
> Right now it's just a matter of hammering out the details and making it
> happen.

Details:

.- Replace patcheslist.xsl with the attached one.

.- Replace the patch-root entity by:

<!ENTITY patch-root   "http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/blfs/svn">

to can have all patches directories for all project's books (except CLFS for
now) under the same tree hierarchy.

.- Apply the attached patch to render-blfs-book-sh

.- From that moment, all new patches must be added to the patches repo before
to commit the book changes. To remove old patches, follow the patches project
guidelines.

.- The BLFS/trunk/patches repo directory could be removed and the
blfs/downloads/svn/ directory could be used to store the HTML tarball (like
LFS) instead of the patches.

.- To be sure at any moment (i.e., after a packages version changes that
implies the addition/removal of several patches) that all patches mentioned
in the book are up-to-date on the patches repo, the editor can run the next
command when logged into their belgarath's home:

xsltproc --xinclude --nonet -stringparam dest.dir ~/blfs-patches  \
    stylesheets/patches-script.xsl index.xml | sh -

You can do the changed mentioned above in few minutes, run manually the new
render-blfs-book.sh, verify that all go well, and, if you agree with the
results, then maybe will be good also to do another review to
render-blfs-book.sh (e.g., to "svn co" only BLFS/trunk/BOOK or to make it
more similar to render-lfs-book.sh, that can manage branches.)

If it don't work as you like, revert the changes, run the old
render-blfs-book.sh, and continue using the curren method ;-)

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia