Patches md5sums

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 3 15:34:10 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 05:10:40PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> (2) have the render script extract the needed ones from there and put
> them into the blfs/downloads/svn/ directory.  At the same time, it
> could do the check for presence.

I'm not following this part here. If (3) below is implemented, why does
there need to be two sets of patches? As it currently stands there
exists www.lfs.org/patches/{lfs,blfs,hlfs} directories which are already
mirrored. Inside those dirs are version dirs (and BLFS-5.1 exists in
there, too, so it was used at sometime). The result is still having a
single dir for all patches of a given book, and uniformity across the
projects. BTW, it is Manuel's xslt scripts that populate the lfs and
hlfs directories. That xslt script is also used to copy the released
book's set of patches. It's all automated, and any missing patches cause
the render script to spit out an email.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch