Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird change

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 2 20:35:23 PST 2005

Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 11/02/05 22:05 CST:
> DJ Lucas wrote:
>
>>This message is directed toward Randy since those packages have been
>>updated by him most recently, but posted here for history's sake.
>>
>>Any objection to an added note about '--enable-ldap' being needed for
>>OpenOffice in the Firefox, Thunderbird, and Mozilla instructions?
>

> DJ,  I think the best way to handle this would be to add a note jsut
> above the build instructions.  You will also need to add that, in this
> case, openldap become a required dependency.

As I look at this further, I see that OpenLDAP is not a dependency
at all of Firefox, Thunderbird or Mozilla. However, it does build a
library module (tbird and moz), libldap50.so, that does *not* link
against OpenLDAP.

I'm not sure that OpenLDAP ever enters the picture. I am fixing to
scour over the configure script to see what is up.

This comes back to my original question to DJ, what does --enable-ldap
to the the Moz builds?

--disable-ldap seems to do something. I will look at the configure
scripts to see what is going on here.

DJ, any help here would be appreciated.

--
Randy

22:31:00 up 39 days, 7:55, 3 users, load average: 0.29, 0.24, 0.43