D-Bus

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 28 12:23:04 PDT 2005

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Matthew Burgess wrote these words on 04/28/05 13:42 CST:

> If you'd like, I can send you my build scripts off-line or post
> them on Belg and we can compare. I know you're probably miles ahead
> of me on D-BUS and HAL, so I'll take any information you're willing
> to provide. TIA.

Hardly!  I've built them, and got bootscripts for them (though they're
trivial enough).  BTW, dbus-0.33 and hal-0.5.1 were released just
recently.  The big change in dbus-0.33 was some reworking of the python
bindings; this is what more-or-less forced the release of hal-0.5.1.  My
system's running them both now, seemingly without problems.

If you could give me some hints as to how to get hal-device-manager to
run I might be able to see all this stuff actually doing something
useful!  I seem to remember having to compile half of gnome up (plus
additional bindings), but then it still bailed out on me.  Maybe it just
needed the other half of gnome too :)

Cheers,

Matt.