D-Bus

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Apr 28 12:15:11 PDT 2005

Matthew Burgess wrote these words on 04/28/05 13:42 CST:

> Firstly, sorry for not sticking to my promise on getting this stuff
> ready for inclusion...it's been manic at home recently.  Jurg mentioned
> Pyrex is required for python.  The only modification I had to make to
> get the QT stuff to build was to make sure that 'moc' was in my PATH.
> If I get a chance, I may submit a patch upstream to fix the configure
> script up so that it doesn't bother attempting to build the QT stuff if
> a suitable 'moc' can't be found.

Thanks for the tip about the Qt stuff. I've got solid build
instructions and bootscripts created for the current versions of
both D-Bus and HAL. I had to patch GNOME-VFS to port the DBUS/HAL
ABI changes. The patch is in the LFS repository.

I haven't yet finished installing GNOME-2.10.1, so I don't know
what all else patches will be required. After I get GNOME installed,
running and fully tested, I'll probably add D-BUS and HAL to the
BLFS book. Anything you have in the way of quirks or particulars
to either of these packages would be appreciated.

If you'd like, I can send you my build scripts off-line or post
them on Belg and we can compare. I know you're probably miles ahead
of me on D-BUS and HAL, so I'll take any information you're willing
to provide. TIA.

--
Randy

14:10:00 up 26 days, 13:43, 2 users, load average: 0.04, 0.15, 0.09