Build failure caused by environment variable

Jeremy Utley jeremy at jutley.org
Sun Apr 24 14:46:19 PDT 2005

jlh wrote:

>It would be good to mention something about this somewhere.  Maybe
>the build instructions should tell to unset the variables after
>not being required anymore.  Ideally, people would use a fresh
>shell for building each package to ensure that no such variables
>are still set from a previous build.

Not a bad point - I think in some places in the book this is done, but
not in all, and in the case of Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird, it can
definately have an effect, since each uses essentially the same
codebase, with the enviornment variables determining which parts get built.

CC'ing this over to -dev, since it's definately more on topic there.