Postgresql and ALSA sockets

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 24 11:47:03 PDT 2005

Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 04/24/05 13:26 CST:

> I'm looking for opinions on how to proceed.  Should the bug just be
> marked WONTFIX or should there be an effort in BLFS to move these socket
> files?

Look back a few days in this list and see my entries on the new
package D-Bus. I went to try and move the sockets, however someone
replied back and said that was totally unnecessary and they *should*
be in /tmp.

Please use this information in your decision about keeping sockets
in /tmp or moving them. Of course, don't base your decision on this,
just use it as input to the question you're asking today.

BTW - I'm kind of waiting on you to reply to my question in one
of the D-Bus posts about going ahead and adding the package to BLFS
now, or wait for later.

I feel comfortable with the instructions I've created, and any
breakages because of the new ABI can be addressed when we find them.

--
Randy

13:42:00 up 22 days, 13:15, 2 users, load average: 0.04, 0.07, 0.01