r3771 - trunk/edguide

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 22 11:02:34 PDT 2005

M.Canales.es wrote these words on 04/22/05 12:37 CST:
> El Viernes, 22 de Abril de 2005 19:16, Bruce Dubbs escribió:
>
>>I think you are saying that the sortas values throuout the book should
>>have the same case for each section.  Right?  Since we have started
>>making the  a- sections upper case, then we either need to make them all
>>upper case or change them all to lowercase.
>
> Actually I'm thinking that after see your {indexterm} entry for libmikmod (not
> sure if you made it by mistake or intentionally) and how it is rendered in
> the Index, I noticed that the indexation is case-insentive.
>
> Then, we can use also into the sortas the actual package name, regartless if
> they is upper- or lower-case.

Though the sortas attribute is case-insensitive now, will it always be?

We need to decide how we want the Index stuff sorted if the maintainers
ever change to a case-sensitive sortas attribute.

I prefer sorting like this for most stuff:

AAAA
BBBB
CCCC
DDDD
aaaa
bbbb
cccc
dddd

However, in the Index, it might be better like this:

AAAA
aaaa
BBBB
bbbb
CCCC
cccc
DDDD
dddd

We just need to decide which way we want the Index, should the sortas
attribute ever become case-sensitive.

--
Randy

12:56:00 up 20 days, 12:29, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00