r3771 - trunk/edguide

M.Canales.es manuel at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Apr 22 10:37:27 PDT 2005

El Viernes, 22 de Abril de 2005 19:16, Bruce Dubbs escribió:

> I think you are saying that the sortas values throuout the book should
> have the same case for each section.  Right?  Since we have started
> making the  a- sections upper case, then we either need to make them all
> upper case or change them all to lowercase.

Actually I'm thinking that after see your {indexterm} entry for libmikmod (not
sure if you made it by mistake or intentionally) and how it is rendered in
the Index, I noticed that the indexation is case-insentive.

Then, we can use also into the sortas the actual package name, regartless if
they is upper- or lower-case.

> Also, I need to write up the rationale for the zone attribte.  For all
> the index entries except the first, we use a range with the start of the
> range as the beginning of the section.  What this does is create a
> pointer in the index to the beginning of the section.  I'm not sure that
> is what we want.  Would it be better to remove all ranges and jsut point
> to the specific location for each intex entry?

The first pointer may have no many sense as a link, but say to you in the HTML
Index what package is intalling that file. To me that info is very valuable.

For the PDF the first pointer was removed many time ago.

--
Manuel Canales Esparcia