r3771 - trunk/edguide

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Fri Apr 22 10:16:52 PDT 2005

M.Canales.es wrote:
> El Viernes, 22 de Abril de 2005 16:35, bdubbs at linuxfromscratch.org escribió:

> An small dude. Taking for example <application>libxml2</application>, the
> indexterm tags for that package following the above paragraph textually will
> be:
>
> <indexterm zone="libxml2">
>
> True?

I think you are saying that the sortas values throuout the book should
have the same case for each section.  Right?  Since we have started
making the  a- sections upper case, then we either need to make them all
upper case or change them all to lowercase.

I'm inclined to write a script to look for all "sortas=a-?" and change
the ? to lower case for consistency.

Opinions?

Also, I need to write up the rationale for the zone attribte.  For all
the index entries except the first, we use a range with the start of the
range as the beginning of the section.  What this does is create a
pointer in the index to the beginning of the section.  I'm not sure that
is what we want.  Would it be better to remove all ranges and jsut point
to the specific location for each intex entry?