[Fwd: Re: Some questions to can start my work (long)]

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at cis.sac.accd.edu
Tue Apr 19 14:45:07 PDT 2005

M.Canales.es wrote:

> Inside the tarball there is three file: a full commented template.xml, and
> allmost full rewrite of chapter06.xml and chapter07 with some modifications
> to the "Adding tags" section.

I haven't had time to look at the editor's guide, but I did look at the
template.  It looks pretty good.  I especially like the layout/formatting.

A couple of comments:

1.  I'm not sure what the comment "For file creation commands <literal>
tags must be added enclosing the actual text" means.  Perhaps we need and
example.

2.  s/systemintem/systemitem/

3.  I'm not sure the use of option tag is semantically correct, but I think
we can live with it for our purposes.  I believe you are making the
distinction between option and parameter for potential formatting reasons.

4.  Although there are differing opinions, I think we should generally use
commas in delimiting all the members of a list.  By this I mean:

a, b, and c

not

a, b and c
unless b and c are being gouped together separate from a.

5.  In one place you show the screen tag indented.  If the entry consists
of multiple lines, all lines after the first should not be indented.  This
can be slightly confusing, so we need an example in the template.

> Remain to add a section discussing the use of indexterm and related
> tags/attributes, but I let that for you ;-)

I can do that.  :)