JDK-1.5.0

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Apr 19 01:37:01 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 11:03:17PM -0500, Randy McMurchy wrote:

> What is with you, Archaic? It's like you've been to a sensitivity
> class and need to put everyone in their place. Please, just mind your
> own business.

A rock has enough sensitivity to realize that you grossly disrespected
one of the more considerate and technically adept people here. One who,
I might add, allows you to be a BLFS editor. You could learn a lot from
watching how he acts and reacts to situations. If you had emailed him
privately, it would be between you and him, but you decided to
publically chastise while holding some idealized nobility of self.

> I'm downright surprised that the BLFS Editor would come out on the
> development list and say that he didn't want to build one of the BLFS
> packages and used the precompiled version instead.

I would be, too. Good thing Bruce *didn't* say that.

> I'm still convinced that Bruce should not have announced his
> problems with a precompiled version of a BLFS package without
> trying to at least build it first. I mean really, what does this
> say about our book, when the Editor doesn't even use it?

Perhaps he shouldn't have, I'm in no position to judge him, but your
reaction indicates that you are suffering from the very over-sensitivity
that you accuse me of.

I've stated my case. If you feel some need to get the last word in,
please do so privately. This thread is doing more damage than some small
comment Bruce made in passing.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch