users/groups

Archaic archaic at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 18 20:33:39 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 08:52:05PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Why do something different for those?

Just trying to get a feel for the issues at hand. ISTM that to buck
historical use because obscure or highly specialized (liveCD) fs's might
not like them is odd. Also, the live cd doesn't actually matter anyway
because lastlog will not be written to. Therefore the file does not even
have to exist. So again, I'm just trying to find out what value there is
to *not* setting it to 65535. Just trying to paint a picture here,
Bruce. I currently have no preformed opinion other than I would like
lfs/blfs to match uid/gid and 65535 is the historical favorite. IOW, I'm
trying to figure out if BLFS should use 65535, or if LFS should use what
BLFS ends up using.

--
Archaic

Hardened Linux From Scratch