kde gl screensavers

Bruce Dubbs bdubbs at swbell.net
Sat Apr 16 22:14:32 PDT 2005

Igor Zivkovic wrote:

> Are you sure it wasn't the GLUT library that was missing? Xorg and XFree
> both come with complete Mesa included.

No, I had freeglut installed.  I can duplicate the problem my moving the
libGL* files out of /usr/local/lib and restore functionality by putting
them back.

> The standard location for the OpenGL libraries as per the Linux/OpenGL
> ABI specification is /usr/lib. Xorg/XFree in their self-centered world
> got it wrong as usual.

OK.  I can work with that.  Right now the issue is whether to mention
mesa at all.  I'm inclined to at least mention it.  I don't know if the
mesa install breaks anything else.  I don't know what to test it with
other than the kde screensavers.